Voltage Optimisation is a ‘foundation efficiency technology’. That is to say it complements or enhances the performance of renewable technologies, allowing them to integrate more harmoniously and effectively into your projects.
It needs to be understood that a Voltage Optimiser does not directly make an energy saving – it merely creates a voltage that derives a saving by providing a voltage closer to the designed parameters of your appliances.
The result is an energy saving but it is the appliance that is consuming less power and not some power ‘electrickery’ going on at the optimiser end.
Why do we need to optimise supplies?
Because supplied grid voltages are higher than the appliances optimal voltage requirement.
This results in:-
- The operating life of appliances being reduced dramatically.
- An increase in the power they consume.
- Electrical bills and carbon footprint being unnecessarily raised.
Who should optimise their supply voltages?
The straight forward approach to this is anyone with a voltage that persists at 234V or higher which accounts for about 90% of homes in the UK. An electrician can check this for you or you can buy a simple plug in logger for less than £20.
What savings can be expected?
A reduction in demand, typically between 6-14% of billing – Voltage Optimisation does not itself save kWh – It creates a condition for savings to be achieved.
Rated at 14kW, the single phase CPN B60 Voltage Optimisation Unit is designed for use the majority of domestic and light commercial / retail applications.
Installed between the electricity meter and main Consumer Unit, the CPN B60 offers 18V subtractive performance.
The CPN B60 is a Single Phase Voltage Optimisation Units. The Unit reduces the incoming supply voltage by 18V (i.e. a 240V supply would be reduced to 222V).
The CPN B60 has short circuit, overload and thermal protection built in.
- 5 year warranty.
- Capable of handling 14.5kW continuously (most competitor units are 9kW rated).
- Low cost with low footprint.
- Extremely efficient.
- Reliable and non-intrusive.
- Built by electricians for electricians.
- 100A version available (POA).
- Input (Volts): Nominal input voltage 235 – 253V.
- 50Hz, Single Phase AC.
- Output (Volts): Nominal input voltage less 18V.
- Max Load: 14kW.
- Dimensions: 310mm x 235mm x 100mm.
- Weight: Approximately 10.0 kgs.
- Operating Temperature: -5℃ to +40℃.
- Terminal Capacity Incoming Live = 35.0mm2.
- Outgoing Live = 35.0mm2.
- Incoming Neutral = 35.0mm2 Outgoing.
- Neutral = 35.0mm2.
- MCB: 63A 6kA Type B to BS EN 60898.
- Enclosure: Mild Steel Powder Coated.
- Ingress Protection: IP20
- Cable Entry Facility: Bottom – 2 x 32mm