An RCD, or residual current device, is a life-saving device which is designed to prevent you from getting a fatal electric shock if you touch something live, such as a bare wire.
It can also provide some protection against electrical fires. RCDs offer a level of personal protection that ordinary fuses and circuit-breakers cannot provide.
Cudis Type B RCDs detect and respond to sinusoidal residual AC currents and residual pulsating DC currents greater than 6mA and smooth DC currents.
Cudis RCDs Type B 2P 4P are sensitive safety devices that switch off electricity automatically if there is a fault.
An RCD is designed to protect against the risks of electrocution and fire caused by earth faults. For example, if you cut through the cable when mowing the lawn and accidentally touched the exposed live wires or a faulty appliance overheats causing electric current to flow to earth.
The Cudis range of Type B RCDs of 63A are available in 30mA and 300mA versions. They feature an integral test button and come with our renowned 5 year warranty.
Take a look at the variants below. For more information on which variant is best suited for your requirements and for our latest prices and availability, please call our sales team on 0161 989 5636 to discuss. Our in-house and on the road support teams will be happy to provide all the assistance you should need.
- RCD to detect and respond to sinusoidal residual AC currents and residual pulsating DC currents greater than 6mA and smooth DC currents.
- Ability to detect AC and DC residual fault currents in EV charging applications without the need for a residual current motor.
- 2 pole and 4 pole versions available (both 4 module width).
- Provides protection against earth fault / earth leakage / current / isolation.
- Contact position indicator.
- Finger protected connection terminals.
- Fire resistant plastic parts endures high temperatures and impact.
- Automatically disconnects the circuit when an earth fault leakage current occurs and when it exceeds the rated sensitivity.
- Independent of power supply and line voltage.
- Free from external interference and voltage fluctuation.