An RCD, or residual current device, is a life-saving device which is designed to prevent you from getting a fatal electric shock if you touch something live, such as a bare wire.
It can also provide some protection against electrical fires. RCDs offer a level of personal protection that ordinary fuses and circuit-breakers cannot provide.
Cudis Type A RCDs detect and respond to sinusoidal residual AC currents and residual pulsating DC currents up to 6mA.
Cudis RCD’s are sensitive safety devices that switch off electricity automatically if there is a fault.
An RCD is designed to protect against the risks of electrocution and fire caused by earth faults. For example, if you cut through the cable when mowing the lawn and accidentally touched the exposed live wires or a faulty appliance overheats causing electric current to flow to earth.
The Cudis range of Type A RCDs are available in 25A, 40A, 63A, 80A & 100A versions. They feature an integral test button and come with our renowned 5 year warranty.
- RCD to detect and respond to sinusoidal residual AC currents and residual pulsating DC currents up to 6mA.
- 2 pole and 4 pole versions available.
- Provides protection against earth fault / earth leakage / current / isolation.
- Contact position indicator.
- Finger protected connection terminals.
- Fire resistant plastic parts endures high temperatures and impact.
- Automatically disconnects the circuit when an earth fault leakage current occurs and when it exceeds the rated sensitivity.
- Independent of power supply and line voltage.
- Free from external interference and voltage fluctuation.
- Time delayed versions (S Type) available.
- 5 Year warranty.