Consumer Unit

Cudis are a specialist supplier of Consumer Units and 17th edition consumer unit devices and are are unique in that we offer complete product support from our 17th Edition qualified technical team.
Also known as a consumer control unit, a consumer unit is a type of distribution board. DIN-rail mount breakers are usually fitted with any modern consumer unit, with it having a standard front opening shape, however care should be taken as bus bar arrangements are not as standard, so it can be better to avoid using multiple brands in one installation, or ensuring they are compatible if you do. Feel free to call us for advice if you need it! 17th Edition Wiring Regulations state that any UK bought consumer unit must be protected by the RCD to any wires or cabling embedded in walls or ceilings (exceot for those circuits which are classed as 'high integrity' such as a smoke alarm.